Review--Nothing Too Daring: A Biography of Commodore David Porter, 1780-1843

Nothing Too Daring: A Biography of Commodore David Porter, 1780-1843Nothing Too Daring: A Biography of Commodore David Porter, 1780-1843 by David F. Long
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent, highly readable biography of one of America's early naval heroes, a man who in many ways was a victim of his own hubris. Detailed research and good writing make this a keeper on my history shelf. I first read it when I was writing Captain Sinister's Lady in the late 90s, and now I'm re-reading parts of it for my next novel. It's a pleasure to re-visit such a good biography.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance