Review--Remnants of Trust (Central Corps, #2)

Remnants of Trust (Central Corps, #2)Remnants of Trust by Elizabeth Bonesteel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Space opera is alive and well in the very capable hands of Ms. Bonesteel. The first Central Corps novel was excellent, especially in its portrayal of diverse characters and strong female protagonists. This one's even better.

On the heels of her court martial, Commander Elena Shaw is sent to the backwaters of space to patrol a nearly empty sector, or so she's led to believe. There events from years past return to haunt her, and an attack on a Corps ship leaves more questions than answers.

What I'm loving about this series is the diverse nature of the women characters. The captain of the PSI generation ship is a heavily pregnant mother of six, not the usual starship captain we're used to. I saw a review that said the Central Corps novels are like "Star Trek for grown-ups", and I felt that way as I was reading it. I look forward to more novels in the Central Corps series and following Elena Shaw on her complicated career path.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!