Some #MondayMotivation, pirate style

Jensen looked at him with interest. “A new pet?”

“My cabin boy,” St. Armand purred. “What else he is remains to be seen. But that will have to wait. Do you have information for me?”

Jensen sobered. “I do, but I don’t know if you want to take this one on, Matt. There’s risk.”

“Merciful heavens, a day without risk is like a day without coffee. And speaking of that, if you have some to trade I could make room in my hold.”

As they turned to go below St. Armand looked over his shoulder.

“Your orders, Woodruff, are to assist Green with anything he needs.”

Simple enough, and the crews of the two ships appeared to be on good terms. It looked unlikely that he would use his axe today. He could see the benefit of it on a vessel where it could hack through rope, wood, or men, though he shuddered at the last thought. Killing sailors because they stood between the crew of the Prodigal Son and coffee was not the excitement he wanted.


--What the Parrot Saw 

I'm with Oliver Woodruff and Captain St. Armand on this one. While I like tea in the afternoon and evening, coffee is most definitely my beverage of choice in the morning! I completely understand why the crew of the Prodigal Son might attack anyone coming between them and their coffee.

If you want to read more about Oliver Woodruff and his fraught relationship with Captain St. Armand, check out What the Parrot Saw, available for pre-order now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance