Valentine's Day

“Do you not want to cut a dash in society? Never mind, I do not know why I even bother. If I said I needed a new hat you would say, ‘You only have one head, why do you need more than one hat?’”

“I am perfectly willing to acknowledge you need a warm hat for winter wear and a straw hat for summer. This conversation is nonsense. I do not need to change my ways to catch a wife. I have money saved, and all of my limbs and my teeth. I am a man of abstemious habits. I cannot imagine how having a waistcoat of daffodil satin would make a bit of difference in my prospects.”

Daphne perked up.

“Now you are putting your brain to work!” She pointed her finger at him. “With your coloring daffodil satin would be a handsome choice. Not for a coat though, that would be a bit much. As you say, for a waistcoat. I had no idea you were taking fashion so seriously.”

“I am not taking this seriously, for a very good reason. That statement about my wearing something as ridiculous as daffodil satin was meant to illustrate why this conversation is waste of time. I have no intention of drawing attention to myself that way.

“All I need is someone who can tend house, cook a meal, will not frighten the horses with her looks and who will care for her children. The more I think about it, the more I agree with you that I could use a wife. If I had a wife, I would not need to pay for a housekeeper or a cook, an economy I approve of.”

--Castaway Dreams (High Seas #2)

It's #ValentinesDay, a day to celebrate romantic love.  I hope your day of love's celebration is everything you want it to be. Those of us in the business know that Happily Ever After takes a lot of hard work and commitment, and it never hurts to take a moment to say, "I love you."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance