Review: The Ten Thousand Doors of January

The Ten Thousand Doors of January The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm going through book withdrawal. I was so caught up in January Scaller's story and her world(s) that I stayed up long past my bedtime and hated to see the book end. An astoundly good debut novel about a young woman who find magic in books, writing, and storytelling, and what reader and author can't relate to that?

It's a special delight when a debut novel stuns the reader with the sheer joy of the storytelling, and The Ten Thousand Doors of January is such a novel. While it can be classified as YA because of the protagonist and her journey, it shouldn't be overlooked by any lover of literary fantasy.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance