WIP Excerpt--[WORKING TITLE] The Smuggler's Amnesiac Husband.



She had to admit, having someone who looked like a bruiser by her side gave her some peace of mind. She didn’t know how John would handle himself in a fracas and maybe she’d never need to find out, but big men could act as a deterrent provided some yahoo didn’t try to even the odds with a pistol.

“Anything else I need to know before we get there?”

“Look mean and nasty, like you’re ready to kill someone.”

He coughed, and she saw his head turn toward her in the dusk. “That’s it?”

“That’s enough for now. You hold onto the pistol.”

The pine scrub gave way to sand, and she saw the traders down at their bonfire. Out to sea a ship lay at anchor, and she sighed as she spotted its familiar lines. “One more thing—you’re going to meet some people—well, they’re pirates. That’s all there is to it. Try not to get killed or get into a fight with them, because it won’t end well.”

“I wasn’t expecting pirates.”

“Really? You’re in East Florida, near close enough to throw a biscuit at the Bahamas, and you weren’t expecting pirates?”

“I see your point.”


--[WIP] The Smuggler's Amnesiac Husband


I posted earlier that I'd finished the first draft of my ninth novel, and now comes the fun and excruciating work of fixing things where I'd put in brackets to edit later like [Describe Dress] and [THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!] 

However, it's also fun to have enough done to be able to post an excerpt or two along the way. This book will be (I hope) the first of a new trilogy set in Regency-era Florida and the Caribbean, and yes, there will be pirates. In each book. I promise!

In the meantime you can enjoy my other books available in print and ebook from all the usual suspects, and if you haven't read my High Seas series, it's an excellent starting point beginning with SEA CHANGE, my best selling novel. It's available in French too!

In the meantime I'll go back to fixing up my smuggler and her husband, and getting their adventure ready for prime-time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!