I'm sitting out here on my back porch, doing edits on the soon to be re-released Pirate's Price
and I'm watching a bird build a nest in my hanging impatiens. I think it's common house wren, and it's a busy little sucker, flying back and forth in my line of vision, carrying various twigs about. It looked like it was fixin' to rain earlier so I took my baskets out from under the eaves so they can get a bath. Everything's covered with yellow pollen right now, so a soak would do them well. But I saw the nest in the impatiens and knew I'd be handwatering that one for a while.

A small price to pay for the entertainment value of watching this industrious little fellow inspire me to keep at my edits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance