Review--The Nightingale

The NightingaleThe Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a selection of my book club, and I was glad they picked it. Immensely enjoyable, well researched, movingly written. Much of the history was familiar to me, but I could see how it would resonate with an audience who didn't grow up with tales of the Holocaust and living with WWII veterans and survivors.

The two ordinary--yet extraordinary--French sisters at the heart of the story encapsulate the people who lived through the war, and illustrate why we call them The Greatest Generation. I highly recommend this engrossing tale, but have your tissues handy, you will need them.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!