Review--The Immortals (Olympus Bound, #1)

The Immortals (Olympus Bound, #1)The Immortals by Jordanna Max Brodsky
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting, different, and while not a romance, it has strong romantic elements. The Immortals wonders what happens if ancient Greek gods are no longer living on Olympus, but instead are in NYC, fading away for lack of worshippers. Some of them, anyway. Dionysus always is a fan favorite, Hades is god of wealth so he has worshippers, but Artemis? Goddess of the hunt and of virgins? Not so much.

But Artemis is also the protector of young women, so when a believer invokes her assistance, Selene DiSilva hears her cry and responds, starting a cycle of events that involve cult worship, human sacrifice, and maybe, a romance for the virgin goddess.

This is a debut novel and the beginning of what could be an interesting series. When I was a youngster I devoured D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths. I coveted it for myself, kept checking it out of the school library, and it was one of the first non-textbook hardcovers I bought as an adult. Like the characters in The Immortals, it makes me happy to see those myths brought to life, and I look forward to more.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!