Review--The Passenger

The PassengerThe Passenger by Lisa Lutz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wish I could give this book 4.5 stars because I not only really enjoyed it, but it was encouraging to see Ms. Lutz back in fine form.

The Passenger is a mystery that unfolds in layers, revealing more with each section peeled away from Tanya...or Jo...or Debra...or whatever alias the protagonist is using that day. We know she's a woman on the run, but we don't know what she's running from. Along the way she meets a helpful sociopath, a few not-so-helpful people (some of whom try to kill her), a romantic interest and a classroom full of third graders. Our protagonist isn't the most sympathetic character in the world, but she captures your interest and keeps it from page one.

I'd almost given up after falling in love with the first Spellman Files novels, but after two DNFs it was lovely to see Ms. Lutz back on my "must read" list. I'd recommend this novel for readers who like strong female protagonists in stories of mystery and suspense.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance