Back from Boston

I was off for a few days attending my son's graduation from university, where he got his bachelor's degree in Politics magna cum laude, was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, and received departmental honors for his thesis.

Honestly, neither his father nor I know where he gets it from.

But I can say that it was one of the happiest days of my life, watching my son finish his schooling and prepare to join the adult world. With a job, no less!

I didn't take my laptop with me, which was good 'cause I didn't have time to do any writing. I did take some Smuggler's Bride and Captain Sinister's Lady bookmarks, and as usual my dear husband was my best salesman. When I get on a plane, I tend to put in my earplugs, pull on an eyeshade and zone out until the end of the flight. He likes to meet everyone around him and chat them up. Since we usually fly seated separately (we both like aisle seats), this gives us both an opportunity to fly the way we like, and he was good about plugging the new novels.

Now I'm back at home and the two boys are driving down I-95, at this moment somewhere outside of Baltimore. The doggy is glad to be home from puppy camp where she was boarded, and is following me all around the house, not letting me out of her sight. She'll settle down after a few hours, but she needs that "mom" time to make sure everything is OK.

So all is good in the world, and I can get back to work on the new novel and hoping for some more reviews of Captain Sinister's Lady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance