OK, I don't write these posts just to make those of you in Massachusetts and similar frozen environs feel bad, but today was such a perfect spring day I had to write about it.

My task today was to travel to three branch libraries in outlying cities to pick up art that the Alachua County Library District Foundation is having re-framed.

It would have been prudent, given the price of gas, to take the hybrid. But the temperature was 81F (27C), the sky was absolutely blue, and there aren't that many days like this left before the heat of summer sets in.

I took the convertible.

I traveled back roads to get to my libraries, through twisting farmland and rolling hills dotted with oak shaded homesteads. The dogwoods and azaleas were in bloom, and magenta phlox covered the roadside. A trip that would have taken 30 minutes on the interstate took 2 hours and I loved every minute of it.

I hope wherever you are that spring comes soon, and when it does, take time to enjoy it.

Comments

Unknown said…
Now that's a great way to spend a day! Sounds like you're doing good, Darlene, and that makes me happy.
All the best,
Capo

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance