Review--Warm Bodies


Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1)Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A retelling of Romeo and Juliet, with zombies. I read this because the film trailer looked interesting, and I may still watch the film, but I very much enjoyed the book. "R", our zombie hero, is having an existential crisis as he consumes the flesh and brains of his screaming victims. When he eats the brain of a young man attacking his little zombie pod, he begins to internalize some of the man's memories, and this prompts R to save Julie, a young woman involved in the raid.

Julie and R's relationship changes both of them, and is quite literally a life or death situation as things heat up. Quirky, intelligent, moving, I really enjoyed this and look forward to more from this promising new author.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance