Two steps forward, one step back

Yesterday I took a large chunk of my WIP and moved it to much later in the narrative. I realized all the tension had drained out of my story because I had the heroine's Big Secret revealed far too early. While this meant a lot of re-writing in the first draft, it infused me with new energy and enthusiasm.

One of my favorite quotes about this business is: "I don't enjoy writing. I enjoy having written."

I'm still hammering away at this book, but it's shaping up nicely. Best part is, I didn't have to throw out the scenes I shifted yesterday, so I'm still 85,000 words into the book, and that's very encouraging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance