Review: A Dangerous Man

A Dangerous Man A Dangerous Man by Robert Crais
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always love me some Pike and Cole, and this latest entry delivered the goods. It's been entertaining to see the series grow from the days of Elvis popping into a phone booth to his being able to track down information with the best of them, only fitting for a man who bills himself as The World's Greatest Detective.

Joe Pike is still Joe Pike, and we're all happy about that.

The heroine of this book almost crossed the line into TSTL, but she was definitely in a situation that put her out of her depth, so I could cut her some slack. There was an interesting Federal Marshal and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him in a future tale.

For longtime fans of the series this is a must-read. For newbies I still recommend starting with The Monkey's Raincoat, even though it's now a delightfully nostalgic tale rather than a cutting edge thriller. However, any book that brings us Elvis Cole and Joe Pike is worth reading, and you'll find yourself hooked like the legion of Crais fans.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance