Review: I Love You Subject to the Following Terms and Conditions

I Love You Subject to the Following Terms and Conditions I Love You Subject to the Following Terms and Conditions by Erin Lyon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a fun, alternate universe story that may turn out to be a romance, but be forewarned: this book is a cliff-hanger.

In a world slightly skewed from our own, marriage is a contractual seven year commitment, which makes a lot of sense. "The Seven Year Itch" is a real thing, according to some marriage counselors, and in a world where people may live into their 100's, maybe it makes sense to have to re-up to keep it together. But even so, there are problems. Some people cheat and violate their contracts before they're up. Some don't follow through with promised support at the end, and so on. It's a field day for attorneys who specialize in this kind of litigation, but newly minted attorney Kate doesn't want to be one of them. Then her personal life goes awry and suddenly it's contracts or nothing.

I enjoyed this, but felt the author could have made a couple tweaks such as not having three male characters with names beginning with "D"--readers shouldn't have to stop to keep Derek and David straight in their minds. There seemed to be an abundance of coincidence, but overall, it kept me entertained and I'll read the next book just to find out what happens. I wish I'd known going in, however, that it ended in mystery. That's what I get for not reading the reviews first.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!