Review: Into the Fire

Into the Fire Into the Fire by Gregg Hurwitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Orphan X books just keep getting better and better. As Evan Smoak's circle of friends and dependents expands, his life becomes more complicated. Each one is a hostage to fortune, and while he's no longer a lone Orphan, this ramps up the stakes on his missions.

This was a roller-coaster ride of excitement where just when you think Evan's life can't become more complicated and dangerous...it is. Characters who are reader favorites return (including the Home Owners' Association, where Evan is tasked with bringing the nibbles to their meeting--not an assignment the world's deadliest former assassin is prepared for), as well as more interaction with the snarky, messy teen who's Robin to his Batman.

I love the Orphan X books and I nearly missed two appointments because all I wanted to do was stay home, keep turning the pages, and find out what happens next. That's some of the highest praise I can give any author, and I can't wait until the next adventure.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance