Review: The Wicked King

The Wicked King The Wicked King by Holly Black
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Middle books of trilogies are often where the really, really bad stuff happens, setting up for the third, concluding book. THE WICKED KING brings the angst, pain, and drama, and I was left wanting more. Jude's complicated relationship with King Carden continues to evolve, but where before she was seen as a largely unthreatening human, now she's got a target on her back as the king's seneschal. Everyone is out to use her or remove her, preferably by killing her.

I'm looking forward to reading THE QUEEN OF NOTHING, though at this point if I were Jude I'd be wondering if being accepted by Faerie and living in their land is really the HEA she's been longing for.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!