Springtime!

Haven't gotten a lot of writing done this week 'cause I've been in the midst of spring cleaning. Thank goodness spring only comes once a year and after a week or so I'm over this madness!

I did stop by Goerings Books, my favorite independent bookstore, to pick up a copy of Six Frigates--The Epic History of the Founding of the U.S. Navy by Ian W.Toll that they'd been holding for me. I'd read a review of the book in the NYT, got it from the library, and liked it so much I knew it would be a valuable addition to my home research library.

I've also been reading Julian Stockwin's "Kydd" novels, about a RN seaman during the Napoleonic wars. I'm enjoying it very much, and part of what I like best about it is the view from the bottom of the ship--the war through the eyes of an able seaman, not a Hornblower or Aubrey.

And since Pinner's shoes was right next to Goerings I had to stop in to say "hi" to the guys, and it wasn't their fault that I left with an absolutely adorable pair of red patent leather open toe flats.

Just another case of spring fever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!