Review: Evelyn, After

Evelyn, After Evelyn, After by Victoria Helen Stone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this novel disturbing, but that's not a complaint. An ordinary--too ordinary--life upended by betrayal and secrets, and the before-and-after scenes encapsulate how many women lose their identities until they're only known as someone's wife or someone's mother.

Evelyn drifts through her days volunteering, taking care of her husband and son, cooking, running errands, but she's lost the part of herself that defined who she was until one night when it all changes. I won't go into more detail because I don't want to give away the story, but this novel will resonate with women of a certain age who put their own life plans on hold...and never seemed to grab them back.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance