Review: Dare to Love a Duke

Dare to Love a Duke Dare to Love a Duke by Eva Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of the things I love about our romance genre is when a talented author takes a premise that seems unworkable...and succeeds spectacularly in making the reader keep turning the pages.

Eva Leigh is one such author. This third London Underground tale is the best yet, following an unapologetic prostitute who's risen to management levels. Just as in one of my favorite novels of all time, Fanny Hill, or Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure, Lucia is a survivor who deserves her own HEA.

I also liked that the hero, Thomas, was basically a nice guy suddenly elevated to a position of power and great responsibility, and he walks a fine line of taking care of business and his family while giving up hope for his own HEA, until he meets Lucia.

I recommend all of Leigh's books, and one can read this one as a stand-alone book.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance