Review: A Touch of Forever

A Touch of Forever A Touch of Forever by Jo Goodman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have few Westerns on my keeper shelves (it's mostly Regency), but one of the names you'd see multiple times is Jo Goodman. She writes wonderfully entertaining Westerns about people who would describe themselves as fairly ordinary, but their stories make them come alive. Town doctors and sheriffs and surveyors--ordinary people, the kind who'd welcome you in for a nice cup of tea and a freshly baked biscuit.

This third Cowboys of Colorado novel picks up the story of Lily Salt, mother of four and widow. Not the usual heroine material--she's older than the hero and in so many ways has much more life experience than Roen Shepard, but he's drawn to her, and when a nemesis from his past threatens him they become allies in a most unique fashion.

I loved this book and I would have given it five stars except for the abrupt POV shifts within a scene. I know "head-hopping" is more common, and maybe more acceptable, than it used to be but it's still a writing quirk that I find uncomfortable as a reader. Nonetheless, it's a boffo story and I do recommend all of her books for good, solid entertainment.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance