Review--A Court of Thorns and Roses

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An effective mash-up of Beauty & the Beast and Tam-Lin, with a sprinkling of Hunger Games. I was pleased at how secondary characters had layer and depth, something not always seen in the classic stories.

I'm still not sure why it's considered YA, except for the age of the heroine. 19 seems pretty grown-up to me, especially when she's sexually active (not a spoiler) and taking care of her entire family.

I'm intrigued enough to want to read the next book when Ms. Maas publishes it.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!