Review--I, Ripper

I, RipperI, Ripper by Stephen Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this far more than I thought I would. The author starts with his take on the mystery of Jack the Ripper, but progresses through the novel into surprising twists and turns that will be appreciated by fans of Victorian and Edwardian literature.

I also enjoyed the glimpse into the newspaper game in the Victorian age, which has a special flavor to it because of the author's years with the Washington Post.

Graphic and gory, with surprising ideas on the identity of one of history's first serial killers, Hunter's latest is a *ahem* ripping good yarn.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance