Review--The Winter Prince

The Winter Prince (The Lion Hunters, #1)The Winter Prince by Elizabeth Wein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a re-read for me after 20 years. The fact that I kept it on my "Arthurian" keeper shelf for two decades is telling. This is a beautiful, lyrical moving take on the Arthur legend from a whole new direction. It's Medraut's (Mordred) story, but here he has a legitimate brother, Lleu, but Medraut knows he's the more capable of the two--wiser, more experienced, a better warrior. But Medraut is the Winter Prince while young Lleu is the sun-child, and the bitterness within Medraut grows, fed by his dangerous mother, Arthur's sister.

I'm glad I took the time to re-visit this story. Now that I'm 20 years older than when I first read it, I can appreciate it at a whole new level.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance